[MPlayer-users] Some problems with -ass subtitles

Pepe rvm3000 at ya.com
Sun Oct 29 02:46:51 CET 2006

This is using the -ass option but with srt subtitles, not ssa/ass.

First of all, sometimes the border of the characters is transparent:
http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/a8dc8f0b73.jpg

Second, if I expand the image so it's 4:3, the characters look good:
http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/69a86f859c.jpg

But without the expand they look wider (more width that height):
http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/f02b610118.jpg

Maybe it's because of the aspect ratio, because if I expand the image more,
the characters then are taller (more height than width):
http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/7f678faa20.jpg

Is this right? I think characters shouldn't be wider or taller, following the
aspect ratio of the video.

Other problem is that -subpos and -subwidth don't work.

--
Pepe