[MPlayer-users] Encoding scripts

Grozdan Nikolov microchip at chello.be
Tue Oct 31 16:39:00 CET 2006

Hi,

First of all i wanna thank all the MPlayer developers out there for their hard
work in making this multimedia software what it is today. I'm a
MPlayer/MEncoder user myself for years now and thanks to MEncoder i've been
able to encode all my DVDs to XviD or H.264.
Because i deal so much with encoding here and because i didn't like any of the
available front-ends to MEncoder, i decided to write 2 shell scripts for the
XviD and x264 part of MEncoder. I don't really know if this is the right
place to mail them but i'll just try :) I hope they will be useful to someone

Here is what those 2 scripts support

- support for DVD and video files
- support for spaces in file names
- support for deinterlacing DVDs with a user selectable filter
- support for interlaced DVD/video file encodings
- support for all available software scalers
- support for DVD subtitle inclusion
- support for deblocking/deringing of video files
- support for cropping DVDs
- support for denoising DVDs with a HQ user tunable denoise filter
- support for various audio codecs (MP2, MP3, AC3, PCM, copy)
- support for audio resampling
- support for channel config when using the AC3 audio codec
- support for normalizing the audio volume

Cheers,
GN