[MPlayer-users] Full screen mode isn't actually full screen

Brian Dean elzoog at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 2 01:14:54 CEST 2006

> >> Yeah, you don't have your video drivers, hence no hardware
> >> acceleration. Get them installed and configured and all your
> >> problems will go away. glxinfo has to say "direct rendering: Yes"
> >
> > Sorry if this seems stupid, but I downloaded the driver and it seems
> > to have installed fine (I am running ATI Radeon 9200).  If I pull up
> > the "Devide Manager" from the menu, I see the ATI driver listed
> > there. But when I run glxinfo I still get "direst rendering: no"
>
> In addition to what the other responders have said: the first thing that
> sprang to my mind when I saw this was the question "Have you restarted X
> yet?". In my experience, a number of GL-related things are initialized
> when X is started, and changing the underlying files won't have a
> visible effect while the same X is still running.

I actually rebooted the computer.  It seems I still have the same problem
that the "device manager" still sees the ATI Radeon 9200 card but
glxinfo still says "direct rendering: no"

> Making certain that the relevant modules, if any, are inserted would
> also be a good idea (see 'lsmod').

lsmod gives (amoung other things):

binfmt_misc            12296  1
rfcomm                 40216  0
l2cap                  26244  5 rfcomm
bluetooth              49892  4 rfcomm,l2cap
ppdev                   9220  0
radeon                116000  1
drm                    73236  2 radeon

> --
>        The Wanderer

Your name isn't Bill Devos by any chance is it?

"I have to remind myself that I am a privileged intellectual living in a communist country that as a matter of course runs concentration camps for the rebellious, but thinking of Guantanamo Bay it seems not to make much difference."  Daniel Duprie (in China)