[MPlayer-users] Full screen mode isn't actually full screen

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Sep 2 01:21:55 CEST 2006

Brian Dean wrote:
>>> Sorry if this seems stupid, but I downloaded the driver and it seems
>>> to have installed fine (I am running ATI Radeon 9200).  If I pull up
>>> the "Devide Manager" from the menu, I see the ATI driver listed
>>> there. But when I run glxinfo I still get "direst rendering: no"
>> In addition to what the other responders have said: the first thing that
>> sprang to my mind when I saw this was the question "Have you restarted X
>> yet?". In my experience, a number of GL-related things are initialized
>> when X is started, and changing the underlying files won't have a
>> visible effect while the same X is still running.
>
> I actually rebooted the computer.  It seems I still have the same problem
> that the "device manager" still sees the ATI Radeon 9200 card but
> glxinfo still says "direct rendering: no"

Why are you guys all talking about GL? Did I miss some email that said
xv wasn't working? Is xv known not to work on Radeon 9200 cards?

Unless I am seriously mixed up, I still advise the original poster to
try the following command:

mplayer -vo xv some_file_name.avi

If that doesn't work, post the entire output of the above command along
with the output of 'xvinfo'.

-Corey