[MPlayer-users] Application/x-mplayer2 requires appropriate plugin

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 2 09:16:07 CEST 2006

------------------------------

> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:41:02 -0700
> From: RC <rcooley at spamcop.net>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Application/x-mplayer2
> requires
> 	appropriate plugin
> To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests,	bug
> reports"
> 	<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>

Ok. Reading the replies, I'm beginning to sense that
this list only supports the player and not applying
the plugins that allows the player to play embedded
videos. As I said in my post, I not experienced in
linux and its hard for me to seperate the player from
the plugins as in my feeble mind they should be
integrated into one. There were a couple of uris
mentioned which I will check out. I have already
visited the sourceforge.net one and didn't see
anything about a mailing list. The sourceforge site is
extremely difficult to navigate and a specific link
would be appreciated. The mime type is in my KDE file
association list but is not in the
mplayerplug-in.types file which I suspect is a problem
and I don;t know how to fix.  Thanks for bearing with
a newbie on this and would appreciate confirmation
about what the list if for.

> On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 04:55:27 -0700 (PDT)
> Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Are you setting up too fine a distinction just
> because I mentioned
> > mplayerplug-in in my post. The error message was
> about
> > mplayer2.
>
> If mplayer works from the command-line then there's
> no problem with it.
>
> "application/mplayer2" is an HTTP mime-type, and has
> absolutely nothing
> to do with the MPlayer project.   Your problem is
> entirely with
> getting the browser plugin to work.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net