[MPlayer-users] xvidix and gui

The Eye mhellwig at gmx.at
Mon Sep 4 18:10:23 CEST 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 08:00:34PM +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
>  On 2006.09.04 at 16:45:05 +0200, The Eye wrote next:
> > So .. how do I do this? use xvidix while using gmplayer?
>
> 2) download latest svgalib, configure it and build svgalib_helper
>    module. Install it (just the module svgalib_helper.ko, no need to
>    install whole svgalib). Recompile mplayer with svgalib headers, e.g.
>    by copying svgalib_helper dir to libdha dir. Insert the module and
>    check permissions, e.g. do
>    (/sbin/modprobe svgalib_helper; sleep 3; chmod 666 /dev/svga /dev/svga1) &
>    in your startup script. That's all. The only catch is not to forget
>    to recompile svgalib_helper after updating the kernel. For latest
>    kernels (2.6.16 and 2.6.17) you also need to fix svgalib_helper
>    building problem, patch should be floating around, not really hard to
>    fix it yourself though.

tried the svgalib_helper thing. the module can't be loaded, system
complains "invalid module format".
that's after downloading the latest svgalib and just using "make" and
"make install" in the kernel directory there. so I'm kindof at a loss
right now.

--
Michael Hellwig  aka  The Eye                 olymp.idle.at admin
   check out http://eyesun.dhs.org/key.html for gpg public key