[MPlayer-users] Using Mplayer to verify streaming tv/radio links

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Thu Sep 7 23:33:21 CEST 2006

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 10:44:14 -0500
"Donny F" <donny911 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> But I can't figure out how to get the mplayer messages in a parsable
> format.
>   Remember, I know just enough to be dangerous!

Your question is rather vague, but:

Run mplayer with "-v" if you want to capture messages in the status
line (among other things, it adds a newline between messages).

If that's not what you meant, well, EVERYTHING is parsable.  Just find a
keyword, and use awk, perl, etc., to return the text field you want from
that line.

And please don't top-post.