[MPlayer-users] Using Mplayer to verify streaming tv/radio links

Donny F donny911 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 7 17:44:14 CEST 2006

Thanks Reimar, this does what I need.  Any chance you can tell me how I can
tell me how to capture the mplayer messages?  What I really would like to do
is something like:

mplayer -identify -frames 10 mms://streamlink/stream.asf | grep "Starting
playback"  > stream_id.txt

But I can't figure out how to get the mplayer messages in a parsable format.
  Remember, I know just enough to be dangerous!

Thanks again...