[MPlayer-users] How to watch Internet TV (in like PVR mode)

Marco Trudel mtrudel at gmx.ch
Fri Sep 8 21:04:38 CEST 2006

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 06:09:53PM +0000, Paul wrote:
>> Is there any chance to force it back for 2-3 seconds and show almost ???live TV???,
>> not just turn off? Also, it would be really nice if MPlayer will be able to
>> calculate the time of continually updating dump file. Maybe I don???t know how to
>> do it???
>
> The closest thing I know of is adding -loop 0 at the end of the file and
> it will at least restart from beginning instead of quitting...
> For everything else AFAICT you will have to modify some code...

Or write your own program; wouldn't be that difficult for what you need
(well, depending on you programming skills I guess)...

Basically it would be:

mplayer.exe -msglevel all=1:global=6:avsync=5 -slave -idle stream.dump

Now you have to listen for two things in the output:
1. A:  16.8 V:  16.8 A-V:  0.008 ct: -0.007 505/505  1%  3%  0.2% 38 0
2. EOF code: 1

Everytime you got a Point 1, you update a local variable with the time
(in my example, the video is at 16.8s).
As soon as you got a Point 2 (meaning the video is done), you do (you're
in slave mode):

loadfile stream.dump
seek lastTimeTick 0

lastTimeTick is your local variable with the last time you got from the
video. Here you can subtract your 2 or 3 seconds... There you go :-)

Marco