[MPlayer-users] svn revision question

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Sep 9 00:22:55 CEST 2006

The Wanderer wrote:
> Giacomo Comes wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have found a bug in MPlayer and I'm trying to track down when
>> the bug was introduced.
>>
>> I do:
>>
>> svn update -r "{date}"
>>
>> in order to retrive a specific revision. It works for mplayer, but
>> libavcodec and the other external libraries are always retrived with
>> the last revision.
>>
>> How can I proceed in order to have the same revision for mplayer and
>> the extrernal libraries?
>
> This is a limitation of Subversion, unfortunately (and one which
> probably could have been avoided...). The only way I know of to achieve
> the desired result is, as Holger suggested, to re-issue the
> date-specific update command from within each of the external library
> directories.

You can save a little typing by scripting a bit. Try something like this
(untested):

date='{2006-08-22}' ; for dir in . libav{codec,format,util} ; do cd $dir
; svn update -r "$date" || break ; cd - ; done

Then, all you have to do is change one place each time you want to
choose a different date.

-Corey