[MPlayer-users] Re: How to watch Internet TV (in like PVR mode)

Marco Trudel mtrudel at gmx.ch
Sat Sep 9 09:16:28 CEST 2006

Paul wrote:
> Thanks Reimar and Marco for your inputs.
>
> I’m able to use "-loop 0" option on my new computer; however, this option
> doesn’t work on my older one.
>
> What Marco suggested is beyond my ability to do, because I’m not a programmer,
> unfortunately.
> I pasted this “mplayer.exe -msglevel all=1:global=6:avsync=5 -slave -idle
> stream.dump” into command line and executed, however, when it reached  the end
> of the file, it simply stopped.
> If you can explain more popular how to do this I’ll be really glad.

Try this. It runs:
mplayer.exe -quiet -identify -slave -loop 0 stream.dump
-> This program assumes that stream.dump, mplayer.exe and the program
istelf are in the same directory. Please adapt the paths to match your
setup.

This means that your stream.dump is played in an endless loop. Every
time it starts, some informations about the file is printed (-identify).
After the end has reached and the video begins again, the length of the
file is read from theses informations and the program jumps to the
position [streamLength - 3s]. Let's hope the informations about the
stream length are correct...

Do you have a JDK installed? Do you know what that is?
You can compile the program by typing "javac MPlayerTV.java" and run id
with "java MPlayerTV". I can send you an exe if you can't do that...

Hope that works...

Marco