[MPlayer-users] flv support?

yoshi watanabe yoshi3 at autograf.pl
Fri Sep 15 15:22:32 CEST 2006

On 11:18 Fri 15 Sep     , Tobias Damisch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't play flv's (flashvideo).
> As far as I understand [1], mplayer generally supports flv.
> I use a very current precompiled version of mplayer [2],
> mplayer-p4-svn-19764 under win32.
>
> Output shows thousends of
> [flv @ 00AD4D40]Unsupported video codec (4)
> and lots of
> [mpeg4 @ 00A1DAE0]header damaged
> Error while decoding frame!
> while playing sound but no video.
>
> Somohow all flv players I'v found so far are a PITA compared to
> mplayer, and I'd love being able to transcode these files to some
> other format using mencoder.
>
> Any hints?
>
> TIA,
>       Tobias
i use ffmpeg for this (recoding). basic usage goes something like that:

ffmpeg -i input_file.flv -acodec [your audio codec] -vcodec [your video codec] -b [desired bitrate] output_file

you can use some extra parameters, of course. i usually take copy for sound codec, since sound is playable in mplayer already. still i get a bit
desynced files.