[MPlayer-users] flv support?

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Fri Sep 15 21:00:08 CEST 2006

Tobias Damisch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can't play flv's (flashvideo).
> As far as I understand [1], mplayer generally supports flv.
> I use a very current precompiled version of mplayer [2],
> mplayer-p4-svn-19764 under win32.

I confirm that it must have broken at some time. I'm getting a crash here
on a file that was definitely working (at most 2 or 3 months ago, not
sure..)
> Output shows thousends of
> [flv @ 00AD4D40]Unsupported video codec (4)
> and lots of
> [mpeg4 @ 00A1DAE0]header damaged
> Error while decoding frame!
> while playing sound but no video.

I don't get anything, no sound, no error messages (except for that it has
crashed). When that happened, I ran it again through gdb (output
attached). Hopefully this is of any use, I didn't do any regression
testing (yet?).

Sebastian