[MPlayer-users] TV recording: audio faster than video (drifts)!?

Christian Niederreiter cndg at gmx.net
Tue Sep 19 00:55:53 CEST 2006

> > How could Transcode know how to remove the drift?
>
> Transcode isn't any better than mplayer... it's just different.  If you
> try a few more samples, such as ones that mplayer handles perfectly,
> you'll find that transcode will screw-up on many of them.
>
> > How could I achieve this using solely MEncoder?
>
> -mc 0
>
> Or try different values:  0.0001/1/10

Thanks for your reply. I tried -mc 0 and -mc 1 (correct up to one second/frame) but the drift didn't decrease in the least. All I know about -mc is "maximum A-V sync correction per frame (in seconds)" but I have no clue why this could help me on :-) (does MEncoder "un-sync" the input in order to re-sync it when provided with this option?). I had read the entire manpage a hundred times and tried several combinations of different options but it didn't work. Maybe you could go a bit more into details, it is some kind of cryptic to me.

best regards, cn