[MPlayer-users] TV recording: audio faster than video (drifts)!?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Sep 19 14:10:07 CEST 2006

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:55:53 +0200
"Christian Niederreiter" <cndg at gmx.net> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. I tried -mc 0 and -mc 1 (correct up to one
> second/frame) but the drift didn't decrease in the least.

Can you upload a segment of the file that exhibits the problem to
/MPlayer/incoming ?

> All I know about -mc is "maximum A-V sync correction per frame (in
> seconds)" but I have no clue why this could help me on :-)

By default, and with any nonzero value for -mc, MPlayer adjusts a/v sync
using the flags in the file.  On occasion, they are wrong, and -mc 0
will play the file properly.  With different file types, and with
different -ao methods, larger or smaller -mc values may allow it to
reach sync more quickly, or not desync as much in the first place.