[MPlayer-users] Upconverting?

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Sun Sep 24 02:04:42 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 22:23, Alexander Roalter wrote:

> Still, a filter for more 'vibrant colors' and such stuff (Intel's MMX
> campaign anyone?)

Oops, sorry, nvidia seems to have "Digital Vibrance" setting in
their binary drivers. I imagine they'll sue you if you use Intel MMX(TM)(R)(C)
to duplicate this! ;-)

> with interpolation of the interlying frames
> of course, no simple frame doubling.

This would be fun!

> And to make it still more
> impressive, just make the sound also louder (still this trick already
> applies for most of the dts tracks over DD tracks, so there's nothing
> new there)

You can make "virtual surround" by -af resample=48000,surround,hrtf
;-)

Or, if you want something not quite as funny-sounding, -af extrastereo
should do