[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Endpos time mistakenly taken as another filename

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Thu Sep 28 10:14:03 CEST 2006

> On 28 Sep 2006, 01:32 mail at kraymer.de wrote:
>> > When using the -endpos option to specify a limit to play/encode,
>> > mplayer/mencoder thinks the endpos argument is another file
>> > and after playing/encoding the specified amount of time, it
>> > exits with the following message:
>> >
>> > Playing 00:00:01.
>> > File not found: '00:00:01'
>> > Failed to open 00:00:01.
>>
>> For me, the command works as expected, only the message is
>> misleading.. For example, let mplayer play the file til endpos
>> 00:00:05, you'll get both five seconds of video and the .. message.
>
> And if I have file with name "00:00:01" in the same directory? Such
> file  name is unusual but acceptable. In this case this file will be
> played,  so command will not work as expected in general. It *is* a
> bug.

Have you tried this? I created an empty file with `touch "00:00:05"`, but
mplayer didn't try to open it..Speaking of mencoder, my short experiment showed that the correct file is
chosen but it leaves the encoding process too early; after the given time
but without writing an index..
Of course, all these only apply to trailing -endpos option, can we agree
on this? If the filename is the last commandline parameter, all these
things disappear.

Sebastian