[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Endpos time mistakenly taken as another filename

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph at list.ru
Thu Sep 28 18:50:41 CEST 2006

On 28 Sep, 2006 12:14 mail at kraymer.de wrote:

> >> For me, the command works as expected, only the message is
> >> misleading.. For example, let mplayer play the file til endpos
> >> 00:00:05, you'll get both five seconds of video and the ..
> >> message.
> >
> > And if I have file with name "00:00:01" in the same directory? Such
> > file  name is unusual but acceptable. In this case this file will
> > be played,  so command will not work as expected in general. It
> > *is* a bug.
>
> Have you tried this?

Yes I have. And mplayer-r20001 plays the second file, here is command
line:

mplayer Trailer-640x346-XviD-1.0beta2-HE_AAC_subtitled.mkv -endpos
00:00:01

MPlayer plays both Trailer<...>.mkv and 00:00:01.

> I created an empty file with `touch "00:00:05"`,
> but mplayer didn't try to open it..

Your error is in your file's content: mplayer just skiped an empty
regular file. Rename some real movie and check again.

> Of course, all these only apply to trailing -endpos option, can we
> agree on this? If the filename is the last commandline parameter, all
> these things disappear.

Yes. That's why mplayer's behavior with trailing -endpos is a bug.