[MPlayer-users] seek in .rm files no longer working

Juergen Lock mplayer-users-l at jelal.kn-bremen.de
Fri Sep 29 20:10:35 CEST 2006

Recently I updated mplayer (I'm on FreeBSD, using the port,
	http://www.freshports.org/multimedia/mplayer
which is at 1.0pre8), and now I cannot seek in recorded rm files anymore.
Well i can seek, but the video stops after that, I only get audio...
(Actually, after a while, I get a message `Too many video packets in
the buffer' and video is played again, but its way out of sync with
the audio.)

How to repeat:

 record, say, nasatv for a few minutes:

        mplayer -dumpstream rtsp://a1747.l1856745839.c18567.g.lr.akamaistream.ne
t/live/D/1747/18567/v0001/reflector:45839

 (stop with ^c)  then play it back:

        mplayer -mc 10 stream.dump

 (-mc 10 is needed so that audio and video will get in sync), and then
while it plays hit cursor right to seek forward (cursor left for back).
watch video being stopped...

 Is this a known problem?  Is it fixed in cvs already?

 Thanx,
	Juergen