[MPlayer-users] Re: SVN Compilation in Win XP: Configure is missing???

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Sun Apr 1 18:59:39 CEST 2007

Hello, John,

> Actually, there is no "trick". The difference is that by default, Windows
> has none of what you need, so you have to download a lot of
> software from many different places.

Just would like to know your opinion -- I've found a tool called MINGW
Studio - it includes an IDE and MINGW tools set as a compiler. Would it be
helpful here? Or is it better just to install all what mingw.org suggests?

>>To this moment I've discovered (you can evaluate my Linux skills...) that
>>need to run sh.exe with "-o igncr" option in order to be able to compile
>>"configure" in Windows.
>
> Something is wrong. That should not be necessary.

Nevertheless it is just so. sh.exe from CygWin hates <CR> symbols... I've
used dos2unix.exe to convert file encoding. Then it works fine.

> You need to install gcc (the C compiler).

The problem was in path variable. Now it works. Finally I've got config.mak
and other output files. Though a lot of messages, showing found or not found
options, were indicated. Is there any "typically good" template of this
listing? Or how could I check if all goes OK or there are some issues? I
can't recognize these lines because I'm not so advanced in MPLayer itself.
Could you help me to understand whether all goes OK or not from this
listing? If yes, I could email it to you...

> Also, www.live.com is now www.live555.com, and the --with-livelibdir
> option
> to configure has been removed. Now, the "live" folder has to be in one of
> few specific places.  I keep the "live" folder in /usr/local/lib.

Where this library is used? I don't see any references in the doc...

Thanks.