[MPlayer-users] libgii.so.0 not found.

Piotr Stachura albert1 at autocom.pl
Tue Apr 3 08:38:01 CEST 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 2 kwietnia 2007, Andreas napisał:
> My subtitle font seem to have disappeared, but the remedy for that is
> easy.. Also, gmplayer seem to be able to play video now - I've only
> used mplayer as of yet.. Which is *weird* since they should both be
> practically the same thing?
> Whatever though, it works now!

gmplayer is... something that I'm trying to avoid. If you want to ommit
building it disable gtk flag. For subtitles (mplayer has one of the biggest
in configuration ebuild) you should set srt flag. Try to compare my useflag
for mplayer (notice that pentium 4 hasn't 3dnow & 3dnowext instruction set!):

3dnow 3dnowext X a52 aac alsa amr bidi cdparanoia dga directfb dts dvd dvdread
enca encode esd fbcon gif iconv ipv6 jpeg lzo mad mmx mmxext mp3 musepack
openal opengl png real rtc sdl sse sse2 tga theora truetype unicode vorbis
x264 xv xvid xvmc dvdnav ftp mp2 pnm quicktime rar srt

> Piotr Stachura:
> Err, "for community"? I've been able to emerge it, so I guess it's for
> community. :)
> I do have mplayer in my package.keywords though.
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure I know what you mean with bindist flag..
> gentoo-portage.com says:
>
> bindist
> Flag to enable or disable options for prebuilt (GRP) packages (eg. due
> to licensing issues)
>
> Not sure what that means or does, so I've kept it off.
>
> Cpu-runtime-detection...?
> The only thing I can remember setting that was about my cpu was the
> CHOST or CFLAGS..
> Don't know if you mean those, but here's mine:
> CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
> CFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe"
>
> I'm no techie so I've done everything like the book said, so whatever
> setting you're talking about is probably in the handbook.  :]

Hmmm, handbook is the thing that I'm using as a final solution.
As you perhaps should know from reading mplayer ebuild
(/usr/portage/media-video/mplayer/mplayer-1.0_rc2_pre20070321-r4.ebuild)
you've got that lines:

       !livecd? (
                !bindist? (
                        x86? (
                                win32codecs? ( media-libs/win32codecs )
                                real? ( media-libs/win32codecs
                                        media-video/realplayer )
                                )
                        amd64? ( real? ( media-libs/amd64codecs ) )

it's simple: when you haven't got setted livecd and bindist flag then binary
codecs will be included into build.
and the second:

                if use cpudetection || use livecd || use bindist; then
                        myconf="${myconf} --enable-runtime-cpudetection"
                fi

if you have setted cpudetection, livecd of bindist flag then configure enables
runtime-cpudetection.

And, at the end, YES, it's propably in the handbook. For setting useflags for
specyfic ebuild write it info /etc/portage/package.use ie.

media-video/mplayer -gtk srt
and for more questions about ebuilds and little problems releated to gentoo
distribution (ie. that libggi problem or useflags) try to use gentoo forum,
because there is everything described (you can also create a post with
questions ;) )

--
Piotr Stachura