[MPlayer-users] Re: SVN Compilation in Win XP: Configure ismissing???

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Mon Apr 2 08:34:05 CEST 2007

John Brown wrote:

> If the configure script says that it was successful, then the next step is
> to run "make". Have you actually tried to run make yet?

Hi, John,

So, I've come through configure and run make. Then an error message appears
like I wrote earlier, related to the CR character, but now it occured in
version.sh file.... So, I've understood, that cygwin is too hard for me...
OK, you talked about MINGW. Well, I've downloaded all what is suggested in
the "HOWTO" to begin: the MINGW, the MSYS and MSYS DTK.

The only trouble I've found during installation was that the "make.exe" is
missing in the MINGW bin directory, so, MSYS generated a warning at the very
end of its installation. In fact the make executable was not renamed, as
other files (e.g. c++ = mingw32-c++, etc.), so there is "mingw32-make.exe",
but there is no "make.exe". It would be worth to mention this fact in
"HOWTO". So, I've copied "mingw32-make.exe" to "make.exe" and have gone
ahead.

Then at the very first steps, when I launched "./configure" for
libogg.1.1.3, I've got an error message among other outputs of this script,
saying something like: "Syntax error: unexpected end of file". But
nevertheless script goes ahead and is terminated successfully, then I've
launched "make", and "make install" for it, and all seems to be OK. So, I
still don't know whether it was a significant error or just a script bug or
whatever else.

All other modules upto the step 4 (where I'm sitting now) have passed
correctly. This is really good instruction, BTW! Though all scripts are
working _very_ slowly_ in the MSYS console... But I still have a hope to
come though this process, at least it is more encouraging than cygwin!

Thanks.