[MPlayer-users] Re: SVN Compilation in Win XP (MinGW): LibTheora bug

Alexander Bokovikov openworld at uralweb.ru
Mon Apr 2 09:55:04 CEST 2007

Hi, John and All,

I've run into a real issue:

Following through the "MINGW HOWTO", while making lib-theora 1.0 alpha7 I've
got:

====================><8=======================
In file included from codec_internal.h:27,
                 from blockmap.c:18:
dsp.h:22: conflicting types for `ogg_uint64_t'
c:/MinGW/include/ogg/os_types.h:42: previous declaration of `ogg_uint64_t'
c:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[2]: *** [libtheora_la-blockmap.lo] Error 1
c:\MinGW\bin\make.exe[2]: Leaving directory
`C:/msys/home/Administrator/libtheora-1.0alpha7/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/msys/home/Administrator/libtheora-1.0alpha7'
c:\MinGW\bin\make.exe: *** [all] Error 2

====================><8=======================

As far as I understand the type of ulong 64 is redefined in the module
"dsp.h", as:

typedef unsigned long int ogg_uint64_t;

And this is in conflict with the original definition, which we can find in
the MINGW\include\ogg\os_types.h:

typedef unsigned long long ogg_uint64_t;

So, the question is: could anybody help me to understand how to fix it? And
what type to leave and what to remove? Or should I write to the library
author? I just beleave that there is anybody here, who already tried to
compile it...

And could I just leave it as it is now and go ahead through other steps?
Will the theora be automatically excluded from MPlayer building, or should I
make any extra changes in other scripts to exclude it?

Thanks.