[MPlayer-users] Re: SVN Compilation in Win XP (MinGW)

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 21:14:10 CEST 2007

> > Unknown parameter: --with-xvidlibdir=/d/WORK/mplayer_src/osdep/mingw32

That particular option --with-xvidlibdir is not currently working in Linux
in the latest SVN's. So I doubt it will work in mingw either. The html
instructions say to use --with-xvidlibdir, but I've not been able to get
that option to work.  I use with --with-extraincdir  and --with-extralibdir.
But you have to have the the xvidcore sources compiled and installed on your
system. I think the documentation needs updated for the process of
installing xvidcore.

No idea what that was actually good for...

Xvidix, from what I've read, is supposed to be a good option to use with
windows. Not necessary, but a good option. Anyway, I got it to work with the
binaries and once with a Cygwin compile awhile back.

 Better make sure you have the freetype sources installed.

-I./libavcodec   -c -o mplayer.o mplayer.c
> > In file included from mplayer.c:57:libvo/font_load.h:5:22: ft2build.h:
> No such file or directory
> [...]

It's saying it's not there.