[MPlayer-users] Artifacts with ffvc1 in vc1_decoding_artifacts_raw.vc1

infernix infernix at infernix.net
Mon Apr 2 22:59:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've uploaded a 10mb sample called vc1_decoding_artifacts_raw.vc1. If I
framestep through this sample with 'mplayer -vc ffvc1 *vc1', I get
decoding artifacts in the form of blocks where there shouldn't be any.
This does not occur with any of the Windows HD DVD players I've tried.

It occurs when the scene starts in which the fridge swings open, and is
quite apparent. Screenshot here:
http://public.yogurtrat.com/viewer.php?id=4799vc1_decoding_artifacts.png

Could someone look at this and see if it can be fixed? I am guessing
it's a ffvc1 problem?

(Note that vc1_decoding_artifacts.vc1 is the same sample but without -of
rawvideo)

Thanks! :)

Regards,

infernix