[MPlayer-users] Re: Binary codecs package for windows, can't find wmv9dmod.dll

Eric Lilja mindcooler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:54:12 CEST 2007

Eric Lilja wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The Readme.txt for the binary codecs package for windows says to put the
> contents of the .zip file in the codecs subdirectory. I did that and I
> still get this error message:
> ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec wmv9dmod.dll.
>
> What am I doing wrong? The file seems to play fine, though, but this
> message annoys me to no end.
>
> - E

I noticed I don't get these messages on my laptop even though I used
exactly the same installation steps as I did on my main machine. I
wonder what is causing it on my main machine... both are running windows
xp professional, but use different drivers, of course, and the installed
software is not identical.

- E