[MPlayer-users] A/V desync when producing AVI from MPEG with mencoder

socke socke-99 at gmx.de
Thu Apr 5 00:36:19 CEST 2007

Hi,

I experience the problem of audio becoming async after a few seconds
when I use mencoder to transcode audio and video with libavcodec. The
source is MPEG-2/AC3. When I only transcode the video and not the audio,
everything is perfectly syncronized.

The log file, wich includes the command lines and the output of
mencoder, is attached to this email.
The file I transcoded is uploaded to the FTP server with the name
"test-avsync-socke.mpg".
You can easily check the A/V sync in the scene where the man pulls a
paper sheet to pieces.

I used todays SVN version.

== System Information: ==

kernel: Linux marie 2.6.17-11-generic #2 SMP Thu Feb 1 18:03:05 UTC 2007
x86_64 GNU/Linux

GCC:
> Using built-in specs.
> Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
> Configured with: ../src/configure -v
> --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++,treelang --prefix=/usr
> --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
> --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --enable-nls
> --program-suffix=-4.1 --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu
> --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-mpfr --enable-checking=release
> x86_64-linux-gnu
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 4.1.2 20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5)
ld: GNU ld version 2.17 Debian GNU/Linux

as:
> GNU assembler 2.17 Debian GNU/Linux
> This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
> the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
> This assembler was configured for a target of `x86_64-linux-gnu'.

CPU:
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 75
> model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
> stepping        : 2
> cpu MHz         : 1000.000
> cache size      : 512 KB
> physical id     : 0
> siblings        : 2
> core id         : 0
> cpu cores       : 2
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 1
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
> fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow up pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy
> bogomips        : 2006.63
> TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
> clflush size    : 64
> cache_alignment : 64
> address sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc
>
> processor       : 1
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 75
> model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
> stepping        : 2
> cpu MHz         : 1000.000
> cache size      : 512 KB
> physical id     : 0
> siblings        : 2
> core id         : 1
> cpu cores       : 2
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 1
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext
> fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow up pni cx16 lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm cr8_legacy
> bogomips        : 2006.63
> TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
> clflush size    : 64
> cache_alignment : 64
> address sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
> power management: ts fid vid ttp tm stc

Greets
socke

P.S. Sorry if this message comes twice