[MPlayer-users] Occasional tinny sound on radio/TV streams.

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 10 15:51:46 CEST 2007

On Monday 09 April 2007, cga2000 wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 10:25:41AM EDT, Tom Brinkman wrote:

> >    I take it your usin the latest SVN?

> No .. I'm stuck with debian sarge .. and etch has just been
> released, so you can imagine how ancient my copy of mplayer is.

    You're not "stuck".
MPlayer dev-SVN-r22963-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
   (updated this morning)

    http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html    and follow the
simple instructions under "Downloading MPlayer from Subversion"

    After the first time, a quick 'svn update' will grab the latest
src changes, 'make' is real quick as it just recompiles those
changes.  I use './configure --prefix=/usr' so that mplayer,
mencoder binaries will be in /usr/bin on my Fedora rawhide (F7).

    Anyhow, I don't think the occasional "tinny" sound is a mplayer
bug.  MOF, I haven't even run into it very recently.
--
    Tom Brinkman                        Corpus Christi, Texas