[MPlayer-users] Mplayer border in X11

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 02:05:28 CEST 2007

On 4/10/07, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:

> mario wrote:
>
> > Hello List,
> >
> > is it possible to get rid of the x11 border of mplayer?

I assume you're talking about a black border?
Determine what the  crop should be as follows:

mplayer -vf  cropdetect -vo sdl -ao sdl movie.avi

Let your movie play awhile: sometimes the format changes, especially after
first starting)
You should see a bunch of numbers like  (-vf crop=640:480:0:0) in the
originating console window.

After you see a consistent repeating set just plug it as one of the
parameters: e.g.
mplayer -vf crop=640:480:0:0 -vo sdl -ao sdl movie.avi

You can increase or decrease the border by changing the parameters. But
check the man page for further details: man mplayer.

Yes.