[MPlayer-users] MTRR problem in mplayer

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 02:14:04 CEST 2007

Seems that every time that mplayer starts up it keeps on adding an extra
mttr section. Gets to be a problem eventually, if you repeatedly close and
open mplayer.

If I cat the /proc/mtrr after running and closing mplayer, I find that the
count has increased by one for each time that I close and run the program.
It seems to be the source of the problem as to why using the vidix codec
fails to put any video in a window: it works the first time, but after the 3
or 4 instance no video shows using -vo xvidix.

Doesn't seem to be a problem with -vo xv

Appears to be the code doesn't check to see if the mtrr's have already been
setup by the Xserver, it just sets up another one, whether it needs it or
not.

Been using the latest SVN's.