[MPlayer-users] Encode HD to lower resolution to play without "your system is too SLOW"

Dmitry Antipov dmantipov at yandex.ru
Wed Apr 11 18:56:43 CEST 2007

infernix wrote:

> I always do the audio separately so if you want to do that in one go,
> you'll have to figure that out yourself.

Thanks for your help - you're explaining the things shorter and simpler than
mplayer docs, IMHO :-).

a) Can you also provide a few hints related to sound processing ? Why it's
better to process audio stream separately ?

b) Did you ever seen an issue described above (sound restart from 0 after seeking) ?
I've observed it only if I've used '-oac lavc' and, for example, '-oac mp3lame' works fine.

c) For the BBC movie from my original post - when I'm trying to use
'-oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4', I've got the message:

Audio format 0x6134706d is incompatible with '-oac copy', please try '-oac pcm' instead \
or use '-fafmttag' to override it.

AVI is just a container, isn't it ? Why it can't contain audio stream in the original
source format ? Where is an incompatibility ?

Dmitry