[MPlayer-users] Encode HD to lower resolution to play without "your system is too SLOW"

Sam Wong sam at hellosam.net
Wed Apr 11 19:02:12 CEST 2007

Dmitry Antipov wrote:

> infernix wrote:
>
> [..]
> Audio format 0x6134706d is incompatible with '-oac copy', please try
> '-oac pcm' instead \
> or use '-fafmttag' to override it.
>
> AVI is just a container, isn't it ? Why it can't contain audio stream
> in the original
> source format ? Where is an incompatibility ?

My best guess is...For AVI, you still need to understand at least the
packet/byte boundary of the underlay packet. You don't want to split a
data packet across two AVI packet.
Also I believe it still need re-interleave the audio and video, without
understanding of the codec format, it's hard to decide the correct way
to interleave the things.

just my $0.02