[MPlayer-users] Re: a configure question of mplayer

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Apr 12 11:52:54 CEST 2007

Hi!

binli1115 <binli1115 <at> 163.com> writes:

> I  download the version of Subversion snapshot of mplayer .But when I
configure it ,I see the ./configure
> -help ,I don't find the "--with-livelibdir=DIR LIVE555 Streaming Media
libraries in DIR",I only find
> the " --enable-live enable LIVE555 Streaming Media support [autodetect]".

You should *never* use --enable-live: The "autodetect" means that mplayers
configure is able to detect if live555 is installed or not.
(Before sending bug reports about configure, you should read its complete output
carefully: If I remember correctly, it says that you must not send bugreports if
you used --enable-* except --enable-gui)
Just install live555 into /usr/lib/live, /usr/local/live or /usr/local/lib/live
(that's what you did), if it's not automatically detected by mplayers configure,
something went wrong with the installation of live555.

> I install the live in the /usr/local/lib/live,I confuigure the mplayer
with'./configure --enable-gui
> --enable-live

Just to make sure: Do not use --enable-live!

> --codecsdir=/usr/local/lib/codecs --win32codecsdir=/usr/local/lib/wincodecs
> --enable-debug=3 '

I never used "--enable-debug" myself (so I don't know if it works for you),
please try without.

> ,but when I make it ,the error is "demux_rtp.cpp:75: warning: 'openURL_rtsp'

                                                       ^^^^^^^

> defined but not used
> make[1]: *** [demux_rtp.o] Error 1"
> I think the error

Please note that there is a difference between an error and a warning - there
are a lot of warnings when compiling mplayer and they are not the reason for a
compile error.

As a rule of thumb, it is never a good idea to cut make's output (but of course,
you should only include the lines after - and including - the last cc ...) when
you ask questions on this list.

> is because I didn't configure the path of the live ,but the ./configure -help
.don't have
> this options .
> What should I do ? Thank you!

Please fix your mail client: Your lines are too long.

Carl Eugen