[MPlayer-users] Volume too loud in converted wav files

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Mon Apr 16 01:55:41 CEST 2007

On Sunday 15 April 2007 18:43, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On Sunday 15 April 2007 5:15 pm, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > I have some DVDs that have music I want to listen to in my CD
> > player.
>
> Hello Hal,
>
> I don't know why you are complicating your life. If you just want to
> extract the audio from a DVD so you can later burn it on a CD-R
> (Audio CD) do this:
>
> mplayer dvd://1 -chapter 3 -ao pcm:fast:file=output.wav

I've been following a "how-to" online about it.  This is a new field for
me, so I'm going with what I've found.  I think part of the problem was
that the VOB files used CSS.  I don't have the DVDs any more.  Is there
a way I can do the same thing with the VOB files on my hard drive?  How
would I do it?

I think I tried something like this and had problems with it finding my
DVD.

And will this take care of the problem of sounds on the DVD being too
loud when converted to .wav files?

> This will create output.wav corresponding to the audio portion of
> chapter 3. Change it accordingly.  Then you can use K3b and create an
> Audio Project and it will perform the necessary convertions to the
> file (behind the scenes).

Do you mean just the conversions of changing the .wav file to what it
needs to burn it as an audio CD?

Hal