[MPlayer-users] mplayer and aalib

Markus Laux markus.laux at arcor.de
Tue Apr 17 20:23:40 CEST 2007

hi,

Joey Parrish schrieb:

> > On 4/17/07, Markus Laux <markus.laux at arcor.de> wrote:
> >
> > Clearly it did.  If aalib is not detected, there's probably a good
> > reason.  That's what the autodetection is FOR.  Forcing it will not
> > make it work UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.  Which is why you
> > SHOULD NOT DO IT.  You just end up with a broken binary.  Based on the
> > output of -vo help, aalib support is clearly not compiled in.
> >
> > Now, here's what you SHOULD do.
> > ./configure (without any enable options)
> > Read the file configure.log to see WHY aalib detection failed and fix
> > it instead of just forcing aalib to be enabled.  If you do not
> > understand what you see in that file, please post it here and I'll
> > help you figure it out.
> >
> > --Joey

i have absolutely no idea why you are using the shift-button so often!
please read my first posting carefully, you will find out that i
compiled mplayer without "--enable-aa" as well.

the only thing i can find in the configure.log is

============ Checking for AA ============
Result is: yes

but i'm not used to reading logs, so i wanted to attach the whole file, but it's too big. perhaps you can tell me which part you will need, so i can shorten the log.

kind regards,

markus