[MPlayer-users] Re: Mencoder codec location

Terry Corbet tcorbet at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 18 19:24:14 CEST 2007

Many thanks, Mr. Brown, for a thoughtful sequence of suggestions.

01.  Indeed, I am sure you are correct that the real problem behind the
error message, is NOT a path location problem.  I have the same directory
structure as you outline [binary user only, not svn developer].
02.  Mplayer chokes in a similar fashion to the mencoder problem.
03.  I was not aware of the fact that I could redirect stdout to a file; that's
very helpful.
04.  Maybe you can help me understand this diagnostic output:
MPlayer 1.0rc1-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz (Family: 15, Model: 1, Stepping: 2)

CPUflags: MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0

Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

get_path('codecs.conf') -> 'C:/Temp/MPlayer/mplayer/codecs.conf'

Reading C:/Temp/MPlayer/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open 'C:/Temp/MPlayer/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory

Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory

Using built-in default codecs.conf.

CommandLine: '-v' 'sictransit.wmv'