[MPlayer-users] 0x50 error with latest subversion playing VCD bin file.

Gregory David Bowden gregbowden2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 00:30:40 CEST 2007

Hi, when I try to play a .bin file with the latest subversion (revision 23022
18.04.07)  of mplayer I receive the following error:

Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3

Too many video packets in the buffer: (3654 in 8389584 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders

Too many video packets in the buffer: (3654 in 8389584 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
Unknown/missing audio format -> no sound
ADecoder init failed :(
Requested audio codec family [mad] (afm=libmad) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Opening audio decoder: [hwmpa] MPEG audio pass-through (fake decoder)

Too many video packets in the buffer: (3654 in 8389584 bytes).
Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
Cannot sync MPA frame: 0
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x50.

The only option I passed to ./configure was --enable-gui, configure enabled
these options:

  Enabled optional drivers:
    Input: ftp tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv live555 cddb cdda dvdread(from dvdnav) dvdnav
vcd dvb smb network
    Codecs: qtx x264 xvid libdv libavcodec real xanim win32 faad2 faac
musepack libmpeg2 libdts liba52 mp3lib libtheora speex tremor(internal)
twolame libmad liblzo gif
    Audio output: alsa openal jack esd arts oss sdl mpegpes(dvb)
    Video output: xvidix cvidix md5sum sdl gif89a pnm jpeg png mpegpes(dvb)
fbdev svga caca aa opengl dga xv x11 xover tga
    Audio filters: ladspa

  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input: vstream pvr radio libdvdcss(internal)
    Codecs: amr_wb amr_nb toolame
    Audio output: sun polyp ivtv dxr2 nas
    Video output: winvidix bl zr zr2 ivtv dxr3 dxr2 vesa ggi xmga mga xvmc
dfbmga directfb tdfx_vid s3fb tdfxfb 3dfx
    Audio filters:

I am trying to play a .bin file which is a VCD image, it plays fine using the
current version of mplayer that I am using but wont play with this version.

When playing the file with the previous version of mplayer (subversion
checkout from 08.01.2007) it can play the audio normally it shows:

Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 96.0 kbit/6.80% (ratio: 12000->176400)
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)

The changes I made between this latest version and the previous one are:

Added LADSPA support.
Added libdvdnav support.
Added x264 support.

If you need any other information I will glady provide it.

--
Regards,

Gregory Bowden