[MPlayer-users] missing sound channels

Tony Alfrey tonyalfrey at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 21 13:30:01 CEST 2007

info at danielerossi.net wrote:

> Tony Alfrey wrote:
>> Installed mplayer on a SuSE 9.1 box with a Gigabyte MB with on-board
>> Realtek ALC650 chipset, and nvidia graphics card.  The video works
>> fine, but it seems that the dialog portion of the sound track is
>> missing. Music tracks play fine.  All the mixer channels in KDE
>> (KAMix) are turned on.  I've read some of the documentation but do not
>> see exactly how to make all of the audio tracks that there must be on
>> the DVD actually play.  Does anyone have any suggestions of where I
>> might look in the MPlayer documentation?
>> Thanks!

> maybe I miss something, but it's hard to me to understand:
> are you playing a DVD from dvd device

I use /dev/dvd

> and the dvd-vobs have ac3
> multichannel audiostream?

I don't know but I am assuming that this (or something like it) is the
cause.  I do not have any experience with this concept.

> does the dvd plays correctly with others application?

It plays on my Mac (using whatever DVD player is provided) and on a
conventional stand-alone DVD player and it also works fine in mplayer on
my older linux box (Pentium II) with a SoundBlaster card.

> Have your system just one audio output (i.e loudspeaker) or more than one?

I use the "green" mini-plug stereo line output to an amplifier.

> In that case for witch reason do you use audio mixer.

Not using it on purpose, I simply have all of it's channels turned on in
case the dialog tracks are being sent to some other mixer input.

> regards daniele

Thanks!

--
Tony Alfrey