[MPlayer-users] missing sound channels

info at danielerossi.net info at danielerossi.net
Sat Apr 21 09:25:44 CEST 2007

Tony Alfrey wrote:
> Installed mplayer on a SuSE 9.1 box with a Gigabyte MB with on-board
> Realtek ALC650 chipset, and nvidia graphics card.  The video works
> fine, but it seems that the dialog portion of the sound track is
> missing. Music tracks play fine.  All the mixer channels in KDE
> (KAMix) are turned on.  I've read some of the documentation but do not
> see exactly how to make all of the audio tracks that there must be on
> the DVD actually play.  Does anyone have any suggestions of where I
> might look in the MPlayer documentation?
> Thanks!
maybe I miss something, but it's hard to me to understand:
are you playing a DVD from dvd device and the dvd-vobs have ac3
multichannel audiostream?
does the dvd plays correctly with others application?
Have your system just one audio output (i.e loudspeaker) or more than one?
In that case for witch reason do you use audio mixer.
regards daniele