[MPlayer-users] 'make' failure - opensuse 10.2 / i386 from svn

Chris Hegan nikaupalm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:04:03 CEST 2007

> May I recommend packman this time? It offers live555 libraries I am using
> myself.

Thanks. I will happily get them if that is the case.

> First things first: After you successfully installed live, configured (you
> still
> did not post your configure line!) and the error is still there, try
> --disable-tv.
>
> I didn't post the configure line because it was in the output, almost at
> the end.

Never mind - at first it was just ./configure (after you asked not to post
problems created by --enable-gui.)
So I grepped through all the source, looking for all the if/else statements
whch contained tv_. It worked and I'm happy to say I have a nicely built and
functioning mplayer. Yippee! I will grab your packman binary though - I use
that as my Suse source and it is very reliable.
Thanks for all your help.

Chris

Chris Hegan