[MPlayer-users] Sub or Audio Track switching...

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Apr 30 17:18:38 CEST 2007

Baxter Kylie <baxter.kylie <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi. I've seen some pieces floating about the web regarding existing faults
> in lavf and ogm_demux (specifically inability to switch audio streams or
> inability to display subtitles). What I haven't been able to locate are
> whether or not these issues have plans to be addressed or whether or not
> they've been deemed 'fringe'.

audio stream switching in mplayer's ogm demuxer is a known problem (subtitle
switch should work). -demuxer lavf works with audio switching on ogm, but there
is no subtitle support in lavf yet.

subtitle support is planned for lavf (but i think this is way in the future...)

audio stream switching for ogm is ... low priority for mplayer devs i think.
since most of them HATE ogm. patches are welcome of course.

as a workaround , you could include file.ogm.conf next to file.ogm (a per-file
config) with aid=1 sid=0 in the file... its not a very good solution but at
least its something ;p

-compn