[MPlayer-users] How to get 2D acceleration and OSD and tearless video with a non-overlay card such as G965?

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Fri Aug 3 10:53:13 CEST 2007

Nicolas George wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Le sextidi 16 thermidor, an CCXV, kofboy a écrit :
>> How to get 2D acceleration and OSD and tearless video with a non-overlay
>> card such as G965? :(
>>
>> -vo xv            no overlay for G965 just tearing.
>
> -vo xv works quite good for me. What sort of "tearing" do you complain
> about? What is the version of the X11 server you are using? And the version
> of mplayer?
>
> Regards,
I experienced tearing using xv when using my NVidia TV-Output, since the
repaint was synched to the VSync of the Computer monitor. NVidia
provides an application to set tearing to either TV or CRT, so I used TV
and using the TV I don't get tearing anymore.

Don't know how to set up vsync on the G965 (but isn't it already on by
default?)

--
cheers,
Alex