[MPlayer-users] mplayer can't read enc DVD

mr_linux at tiscali.it mr_linux at tiscali.it
Fri Aug 3 13:31:38 CEST 2007

Hi all,Hi installed Mplayer (from sources) on a Slackware 12
distribution and according to what I red in its documentation I didn't
install libdvdcss because libmpdvdkit2 is already incuded in the source
tree.I installed also the essential codec package, a skin and actually
I can see avi and mpeg files, but when I try to open an encrypted dvd I
get some errors:a)It looks it cannot find a good ttf font (I made a
symlink to one of the TTF fonts as reported in the documentation:--bash-
3.1# ls -la /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/subfont.ttf lrwxrwxrwx 1 root
root 35 2007-08-01 17:33 /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/subfont.ttf ->
/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSans.ttf ---but when I launch mplayer I get:
----bash-3.1# gmplayer MPlayer 1.0rc1-4.1.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer
TeamCPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.86GHz (Family: 6, Model: 13,
Stepping: 8)CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2:
1Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE
SSE2/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSans.ttf doesn't look like a bitmap font
description, ignoring.Cannot load bitmap font:
/usr/share/fonts/TTF/DejaVuSans.ttf----I also tried to choose an other
font from the menu of the gui without solving the problemb)When I try
to open any encrypted dvd (notebook -> /dev/dvd symlinked to /dev/hdb )
I get:----Playing dvd://1.*** Zero check failed in ifo_read.c:1723
for pgci_ut->zero_1 = 0x1ab7*** Zero check failed in ifo_read.c:1600
for pgcit->zero_1 = 0x1ab7*** Zero check failed in ifo_read.c:1907
for vts_atrt->zero_1 = 0x1ab7libdvdread: Invalid main menu IFO
(VIDEO_TS.IFO).Can't open VMG info!File not found: '1'Failed to open
dvd://1.---The dvd is a zone 2 but I haven't found where to change the
zone (also if I understood that libdvdcss doesn't care about this but
maybe I'm wrong); in the following I report a part of the ./configure --
enable-gui output:----Checking for Sun audio ... noChecking for VCD
support ... yesChecking for DVD support (libdvdnav) ... noChecking for
DVD support (libmpdvdkit2) ... yesChecking for DVD support (libdvdread)
... no (disabled by libmpdvdkit2)Checking for cdparanoia ... yes
Checking for libcdio ... auto (using cdparanoia)  -----I tried also to
change the video drivers (xv x11 gl gl2 xvidix) but nothing changed.As
regards my hw configuration:notebook Asus M6VA 8033P -> Ati mobilty
radeon x700 (I don't know if this is the problem but according to:---
bash-3.1# fglrxinfo display: :0.0  screen: 0OpenGL vendor string: ATI
Technologies Inc.OpenGL renderer string: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700OpenGL
version string: 2.0.6650 (8.39.4)----it is well recognized.Which can be
the problem?thank you in advance