[MPlayer-users] hardware colorspace conversion for ATI card useing Xvideo.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Aug 14 18:20:37 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 05:08:03PM +0800, kofboy wrote:
> While playing 1080p HD-video useing ATI X300, -vo xv,
> video output eat about 70% CPU time on Core2 at 3G.
>
> i have looked at xvinfo, it show YV12 pannel, and mplayer
> gives out video output useing xv YV12 pannel, does it means
> hardware colorspace conversion? why about only 10% for xvidix?
> how can i get it work for Xvideo output?

Well, you give very little information, especially MPlayer output
is missing. You also didn't say which X driver you are using.
Thus, I can't exclude that it's MPlayer's fault, but I
think the most likely cause is simply that ATI's driver is crap.
Try
1) getting a newer driver
2) using the OpenSource driver (if available for your card)
3) use -vo gl:yuv=2 or similar

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger