[MPlayer-users] live555 mplayer mingw and make version

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 00:13:33 CEST 2007

> >By the way, has anyone succeeded in enabling live555 recently?
> >
> >Hank
>
> Yes. I'm using svn 24064 with live.2007.07.25 on Windows XP SP2.

Finally, succeeded building mplayer with live555 support--encouraged by your
report that it was actually working.

But had to do 2 things:
(1) Built live555 with mingw. Followed instructions for Visual Studio, but
the build failed on "liveMedia" project. So I tried mingw
./genMakefiles mingw
make
cd ..
rm -fvr /usr/lib/live
cp -fvr live /usr/lib

That worked and live555 was autodetected.

(2) Had to use an old version of make in mingw: make-3.81 bombs. Immediately
followed the failed make-3.81 build with running a make-3.79.1.exe and the
build succeeded and installed.

Have to do the same thing in building icculus Quake3 source code. For some
reason the only make program that will compile their code is make-3.79.1. So
I have an old copy in the /mingw/bin directory and just run
make-3.79.1.exeinstead of make. Was able to successfully compile
mplayer using
--disable-live with the make-3.81 program.