[MPlayer-users] Fullscreen on TV = wrong resolution detected?

David Woodfall dave at unrealize.co.uk
Mon Dec 3 18:30:08 CET 2007

Hi, I play movies on my TV (Nvidia 6800GT TV-out) but when I switch to
fullscreen mode the picture extends past the right and bottom of the
screen. The only way I can get to see the whole picture is to change
resolution of monitor to 1024*768 same as TV.

Is this because Mplayer is detecting the wrong screen size of 1600x1200
(usual monitor res) rather than 1024x768 (TV res)?

MPlayer dev-SVN-r23530-4.1.2

The commands I use:

xrandr -s 1024x768
mplayer -aid 128 -softvol -dr -alang en -dvd-device /dev/hdc -fs -display :0.1 -ao alsa:device=hw=1,0 dvd://1-99
xrandr -s 0

Any thoughts on this?

--
Blood flows down one leg and up the other.