[MPlayer-users] mjpeg fps change

Alex spam at twelve17.com
Mon Dec 17 20:59:31 CET 2007

RC wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:14:55 -0500
> Alex <spam at twelve17.com> wrote:
>
>> The original frame rate is  59.94, the resulting frame rate is 43.498.
>
> I certainly can't reproduce your problem.  It works perfectly here.

RC,

The culprit was the inclusion of sound.  Since I was ignorant of the
-nosound option, I was trying with -oac copy even though I didn't want
to keep the sound.  I initially missed the warning that mencoder ensued:

WARNING: -speed is not guaranteed to work correctly with -oac copy!

Once I used -nosound, the fps seems to be correct now.

Thanks for your help.

--Alex