[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 53

David daibhidh at ihug.co.nz
Thu Dec 20 14:25:49 CET 2007

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:48:11 +0800
From: Ulion <ulion2002 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Multiple Fonts???
To: "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests,	bug reports"
	<mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>

2007/12/20, David <dawidh at clear.net.nz>:
> Hey.. I know if you put Font=D:\WINDOWS\Fonts\your_choice_of_font_here.ttf
> into config, you can pick whatever font you like.
>
> And that's great!
>

> What I want to know is. is it possible to do this?
>

> Chinese GB Font = D:\WINDOWS\Fonts\STXINWEI.TTF
>
> Chinese Big5 Font = D:\WINDOWS\Fonts\some_other_font.TTF
>
> Hebrew Font = D:\WINDOWS\Fonts\GuttmanHatzvi.TTF
>
> English Font = D:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Calibri.TTF

When you suppose the second for third font works?

There are options:
1. Merge these fonts into one ttf, It will work but maybe difficult.

Yeah... I guess I could do that.. but it would take time...
Just my font tastes change over time... that's why I was hoping it was
changeable.
I just thought it might be easy for the program to handle since many
languages don't use Unicode, so it could detect the encoding, then choose
the font for the encoding... even if the Chinese was in Unicode, the
subtitle track would have a tag saying Chinese. Just an idea.

2. Merge these fonts into one ttc, it maybe not work but could be easy.

I'll look into that.

3. If windows has tools like fontconfig (or fontconfig) can handle
multiple fonts, it may help or windows itself can do that?

I know Internet Explorer has a very comprehensive list of fonts to use for
various language encodings...

4. Other plan I don't known.

> p.s. I have Windows XP and I have all the locales installed for Right to
> Left.
>
> And I can watch Hebrew subtitles perfectly in Mplayer, IF it is an
external
> file,
>
> However if the subtitle is embedded, it reverses the letter order, is this
> bug? Or is there some secret solution to this I don't know about.

With or without ass enabled?

With.

It's in my shortcut to gmplayer.exe with -ass. It's also in config ass=yes

--
Ulion
*****

David.