[MPlayer-users] Problem playing DVD movie, quality issue -- can expert help?

Sara Glade saraglade at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 21:22:46 CET 2007

:)

----- Original Message ----
From: Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 3:14:53 AM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Problem playing DVD movie, quality issue -- can expert help?

Hi!

Sara Glade <saraglade <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> > Could you upload a sample?
> > ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming

It is possible that you have to do
ftp ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu
cd MPlayer
cd incoming
put file.ext

> > I'd be very curious to see such a video, because for me, -vf yadif
 is
> >  always by
> > far the best solution for interlaced content.
>
> Hi Carl, got it in there as you requested (smaller clipped version
 for public
domain viewing) , did you get
> it?  Please let us know what is best quality for MPLAYER.  The
 filename is
'whatiswrong.jpg'  THank you a million

In incoming, there is no file called "whatiswrong", no file from 19th
 or 20th of
December. Apart from that, I'm not sure if a jpg is going to help if
 you need
help with a video.

Please fix your mailer or consider using gmane:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user

Carl Eugen

Has the link,
ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming

gone down?  I am unable to connect to it.... I get a host does not exist, .... is that an anonymous FTP port? :)  Any other way to get files out there?