[MPlayer-users] Quick question, Can this be done with MPLAYER, running on Windows desktop 'GUIless'

cga2000 cga2000 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 08:53:31 CET 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 11:17:43PM EST, Henry Garcia wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2007 10:58 PM, Ant Lamp <ant.lamp at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, can I run a MPLAYER video, but without the ugly TitleBar and
> > blue-surrounding border,
>

> What? ugly? I think it's pretty nice. But since you ask

Of course it's ugly .. and pretty useless .. do your movie theatre ..
cable TV provider .. provide TitleBars?

> mplayer -fs
>

> .... just a crisp frameless video block on my desktop somewhere?
>

> What if your video block is ugly? What ya gonna do then?
>
> Is there a command line switch for this? Also if this possible can I adjust
> > the Width and Height size, and X and Y cords on this on desktop? :)
>
> Use your mouse with the pretty blue border.

Getting rid of these mostly useless "decorations" is not an mplayer
issue.  They are added by your window manager and naturally this is the
guy who can remove them.

With the ones that I have used such as Window Maker for instance, this
is usually pretty easy -- via some option or other in a "window menu" ..
and you should be able to do it selectively .. in case you don't want to
do away with the title bars of other applications.

Just make sure you can still access the "window menu" via the keyboard
for instance after the title bar is gone .. once it's gone, you can't
click on it any more.

:-)

Thank you!